Continuous improvement in the area of active environmental protection in companies, along with the environmental compatibility of our products, ranks among our priority objectives. In other words: Preservation of natural resources such as soil, air and water coupled with more efficient use of raw materials and energy.
All the fundamental decisions made by SUMIDA Components GmbH are focused on preservation of the environment for succeeding generations, fully in line with the concept of sustainable development. For this purpose, we pursue firmly defined goals:
- We ensure that environmental protection is systematically implemented. Adherence to the legal rules and regulations is an absolute minimum here.
- Our management system for coordination of all environment-relevant activities and for the initiation of necessary corrective measures is regularly checked for its effectiveness and optimized.
- As part of the training and further education measures we also educate all our employees to enhance their environmental consciousness.
- Our development departments create suitable technologies and strategies for closed material cycles, with regard to both production and the products themselves.
- The environmental impacts of new products and methods are assessed in terms of their overall lifecycle before they are launched. The results from this are then incorporated into the design.